Zone – Terms of Service
E-Pay Terms and Conditions can be found here.
These terms of service are valid from 31.7.2023 (added as new the implementation of Enkora OnTheMove mobile application and sanction system).
1. Customer Groups
Zone – Universities of Applied Sciences Sport Services are for the students and staff of Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia. The students and staff of these universities can buy a Zone Sport Pass. The students of Arcada University of Applied Sciences, Diaconia University of Applied Sciences and Humak University of Applied Sciences who are studying permanently in the capital region can also buy a Zone Sport Pass.
Sport Facilities are located within the campuses and are free for use as stated in these Terms of Service during the opening hours, when there is no teaching or third party reservations.
Students and staff have to prove the right to buy services:
STUDENTS of Haaga-Helia, Laurea, Metropolia, Arcada, Diak and Humak:
– A student card with a valid annual sticker (digital card is accepted) OR
– A valid University-issued attendance certificate and a proof of identity OR
– A proof of identity and a receipt of payment of the Student Union membership fee.
STAFF of Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia:
– A staff card OR
– A most recent payslip with your proof of identity.
2. Registration, sanction system and methods of payment
All services must be reserved through the Enkora reservation system, where the customer registers before using the services. You must check-in for the services on site before the start of the reservation (excluding online classes). Check-in is done by stamping the customer card on the touch screen of the check-in device or by using Enkora’s free OnTheMove mobile application (available in Google Play store and App Store) from your own customer account. The check-in through mobile application has a distance limiter, so the check-in can only be done when physically close by the reserved location. If the check-in is not performed for the reserved shift, this causes the customer to receive a notice in the reservation system. The third notice received, which means that three reservations have been left unstamped, causes a 7-day reservation block on the customer account in the reservation system.
Sport Passes and other services are sold at the Student Union’s service points or at the Student Union web shop. It may be possible to use sports and culture vouchers for personal payments. Check the matter at the Student Union’s service desk.
3. Sport Pass and Gym Pass
Students of Arcada, Haaga-Helia and Metropolia get the sport pass free of charge when they join the Student Union of the University. The students of Laurea, Humak and Diak can purchase the Sport Pass with a member price, as it is not automatically included in their student union membership. It is possible to buy the sport pass or gym pass without the Student Union membership.The Sport Pass Card is free of extra charge for new users. If the card is lost, the charge for a new card is 5 €.
With a valid sport pass you get unlimited access to instructed group classes, ball games, badminton courts, sport hall shifts, gyms and the Yogobe Online Training Service. With a valid Gym Pass you get unlimited access to all the gyms. Sport Pass or Gym Pass is valid when one of the following sport seasons has been bought and uploaded:
- Spring (January-May)
- Fall (September-December)
- Two seasons (academic year)
The precise dates change yearly. They are published on Zone’s website.
The services included in the Sport Pass or Gym pass can be used either by a customer card or through Enkora’s OnTheMove mobile application. Sport Pass or Gym Pass, its username and password are personal and not be handed over to anyone else. Sport pass or Gym Pass and the sport seasons can not be cancelled and there is no possibility for a refund.
4. Instructed group classes, badminton and sport hall shifts
An instructed group class can be booked at the website two weeks beforehand. The user can have a maximum of 8 group class reservations at the same time. If there is room, you can also participate without booking. If the class is cancelled, there won’t be a notification by email without the booking. You cannot participate in an instructed group class late. The cancellation of the class must be done in the reservation system 2 hours before the start of the class. Users check-in to instructed group classes with the customer card through the check-in device or through OnTheMove mobile app. A reservation that is not checked-in will result in a sanction (see section 2.).
Sport halls and badminton courts can be booked at the website two weeks beforehand. You can have a maximum of two reservations at a time. The cancellation of the shift must be done in the reservation system 2 hours before the start of theshift. Users check-in to sport shifts with the customer card through the check-in device or through OnTheMove mobile app. A reservation that is not checked-in will result in a sanction (see section 2.).
For badminton, it is possible to bring one person to play with you who is not a part of the customer group. The person who booked the court is responsible for the person(s) outside the customer group and any damage they might cause. Users register to badminton with check-in deivce using a customer card or through OnTheMove mobile app.
It is not allowed to bring a professional service provider (e.g. a hired trainer) to the reservation. If you are not sure if this affects you, contact us at email@example.com.
5. Sport and Well-being Courses
The courses have to be paid separately and can be booked and paid at the Student Unions online store. The course has to be paid before the starting of the course. An unattended session cannot be made up by participating in another session. You can also participate in a course, even if you can’t attend all the sessions.
Course registration is binding. Refunding of the course is only possible if the customer has a valid medical certificate. If the course has to be suspended for a reason beyond Zone’s control, the priority will be to reschedule the canceled sessions to another date. If this is not possible, participants will be refunded the cancelled sessions. If the course is cancelled entirely, the course fee will be returned.
You are able to use the gyms with a valid Sport Pass or Gym Pass. The user can have a maximum of 8 gym reservations at the same time. With the sport/gym pass you can use all the gyms of all the participating universities without limitations during available gym shifts. The gyms cannot be used during teaching and third party reservations. The opening hours of the gyms can be found at the Zone’s reservation system. Users check-in to gym shifts with the customer card through the check-in device or through OnTheMove mobile app. A reservation that is not checked-in will result in a sanction (see section 2.).
7. Insurances and responsibilities
Responsibilities of Zone
– Zone Sport Services is not responsible for personal injuries or material damage occurring in its facilities to visitors or their personal belongings, unless the incident results from the service provider’s negligence.
– Zone Sport Services are not responsible for any belongings left by customers at the sport facilities.
– Zone Sport Services are bound by all the responsibilities mentioned in the Terms of Service.
– Zone Sport Services is released from its contractual obligations and from its liabilities to indemnify, if compliance with a contractual term is prevented or impaired by a force majeure event. Force majeure can be, for example, a fire, an earthquake, a flood, an explosion, a natural disaster, an order of an authority or other obstacle beyond the control of the parties involved, which was not known and could not reasonably have been foreseen.
Responsibilities of the customer
– Users of the Zone Sport Services agree to the current Terms of Service. The Terms are available online at www.zonesports.fi. Amendments to the Terms of Service will be announced online.
– The services do not include insurance coverage. Clients must ensure that they are covered by insurance against accidents at their own cost.
– Clients who use the services must have a valid sport pass or have paid for the service. The Zone sport pass is personal, and the right to the services it entitles the holder to is non-transferable. If misused, the Sport Pass will be cancelled, the client’s information will be recorded, and the client’s right to purchase and use services will be suspended for temporarily or permanently. After the suspension period, the client can have his or her rights restored by paying for the services according to the price list.
– When using the sport services, consider others and follow the rules and safety instructions. Return the equipment in sport facilities to their place for the next user.
– Clients are expected to show consideration to other exercisers and staff members, observe the instructions provided by Zone Sport Services and its staff, and keep safety aspects in mind. Should a client breach instructions in a manner that endangers the safety or health of other clients or the staff, or acts in a way that damages or may damage exercise equipment, Zone Sport Services are entitled to cancel the client’s Sport Pass and suspend the client’s right to purchase and use services for temporarily or permanently, if the client does not immediately and sufficiently respond to request to amend his or her behavior.
– When using sports services, the customer must register (check-in) the visit by stamping the customer card on the stamping device found in the sports facilities, or via Enkora’s OnTheMove mobile application while logged into the own customer account.
– If a client damages exercise equipment, the client is liable to reimburse for the damaged equipment. Sport Services will charge a fee for broken sport equipment.
7. Renting the sport facilities for users outside the defined user groups
There is a possibility for users outside the Zone user groups to rent the sport facilities. The universities of applied sciences are responsible for determining which sport facilities can be rented.
The customers renting the sport facilities have the same responsibilities that have been defined in these Terms of Service at the part 6. In order to register a visit, it is enough for the client to inform the campus janitor or the sport hall supervisor. A client agrees to respect these Terms of Service by paying the rent or the first part of the bill of the sport facilities. The first part of the bill must be paid before the first time of a regular turn, or the turn is cancelled.
If the renting or part of it is cancelled by Zone, the customer will be reimbursed accordingly.
Zone – Universities of Applied Sciences Sport Services have a right to amend the Terms of Service.